Save the Children’s vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children started our work in Vietnam in 1990, and implements programs in the key thematic areas: Education, Health and Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights and Governance, Child Poverty, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Emergency Response. At present, Vietnam Country Office has programs in 20 out of 63 provinces in Vietnam.
Save the Children in Vietnam continues to develop innovative programming that reflects the overall strategic goal of measurably improving the survival, health, protection and development of Vietnam’s poorest children by strengthening the capacity of women and children, caring adults, communities and partner organizations.
We are looking for a Vietnamese national for:
Vacancy: Award Management Officer
Based in Hanoi
Main Responsibilities:The purpose of this post is to support the Award Manager and other teams in the planning, securing and managing of both development and humanitarian awards. The position involves supporting award information management and compliance with systems and processes.
Under the direction of an Award Manager, the Awards Officer will be responsible for supporting the team to adhere to all award management obligations internally within Save the Children and externally with donors.
This role will work closely with Program Development Quality and Advocacy (PDQA) and Program Implementation/Program Operations on proposals, financial and narrative reporting, monitoring and analysis and compliance processes. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- University degree in International development, business administration, finance and/or experience working in a related role
- Experience managing grants, contracts & sub agreements with knowledge of major funders’ guidelines (e.g. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA, SIDA etc.)
- Relevant experience managing donor funded projects with International NGO’s particularly those addressing human/children’s rights and those applying partnership approaches
- Strong analytical skills, computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Ability to work well with a team and establish relationships with other teams/offices
- Cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Highly developed interpersonal and English communication skills including influencing and negotiation
- Experience working with implementing partners and managing sub awards/grants
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
Please send CV and a completed application form, contact of three referees and a covering letter in English addressing the list of competencies to: 4th Floor, Machinco Building, No. 444 Hoang Hoa Tham street, Tay Ho District Hanoi or by Email: Vietnam.HR@savethechildren.org
The closing date for application is 5 pm on 31st August 2017. Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
Save the Children is an equal opportunities employer. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse, and our people are as diverse as the challenge we face. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.
Follow facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ToiTimViec
Follow group: http://bit.ly/JobMaps