American Center Assistant
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
Under the general supervision of the Public Affairs Officer (PAO) and the direct supervision of the American Center (AC) Director, the incumbent conducts research, analysis and outreach; determines AC response to inquiries received by phone, mail, social media, e-mail and in person; briefs eligible users and Public Affairs contacts on AC services and procedures. The incumbent participates in and creates Public Affairs programs to promote AC services and products as appropriate; supports Mission Speaker Program; supports AC projects in Da Nang and Can Tho; manages and develops AC collection including books, DVDs, CDs, and periodicals. The incumbent also serves as back-up Webmaster.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- EDUCATION: University degree in one of the following fields: Social Sciences, Information Technology, or Library Science is required.
- EXPERIENCE: Must have two years of progressively responsible experience in the field of information technology, marketing, library science, and/or academic research in topics such as politics, economics, business, culture, etc., in which at least one year experience in customer service is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required (this will be tested). Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of Vietnamese is required.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have 1) ability to use database management software; 2) ability to carry out assigned responsibilities using electronic technologies, including the Internet, CD-ROMs, commercial online databases, and print resources; 3) excellent service orientation, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills and 4) strong written and oral communication skills.
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must 1) have a broad knowledge of American political, economic, social, cultural, information technology and educational structures and processes; 2) have a broad knowledge the educational, political and economic situation in Vietnam; 3) be able to understand U.S. Government structure including, but not limited to, the State Department and the function of the Public Affairs Section of the Mission; and 4) be able to understand obtain knowledge of reference and resource material in the subject area emphasized in the Mission Strategic Plan.
See the full job description HERE
Follow facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ToiTimViec
Follow group: http://bit.ly/JobMaps