VECO Vietnam is the Vietnamese country office of the international non-governmental organization with Belgian roots Vredeseilanden. VECO Vietnam’s focus lies in sustainable agriculture and food safety. We are currently seeking a qualified professional for the position of Senior Programme Officer for the period 2017-2021. This incumbent will be based in the Regional Office in Hanoi, Vietnam with frequent travel to the Programme’s target locations.
The Programme Officer, under the direct supervision of the Rice Programme Coordinator, will support and facilitate the implementation of VECO Vietnam’s Rice Programme in close coordination with other Programme officers and partners so as to (i) benefit smallholder rice producers; (ii) increase the access of consumers to healthy food; and (iii) improve food safety and agricultural development policies.
Job size: Full-time
Expected starting date: September 2017
- Relevant University Degree in Agriculture, Economics, Rural Development or equivalent experience;
- At least 3 years in value chain development and proven experience in the Rice sector in Vietnam;
- Hands on experience with network building between producers and other chain actors;
- In depth understanding of the functioning of agrifood value chains from production to consumption
- Practical mind-set, result oriented;
- Experience with advocacy, policy analysis and policy influencing in the Vietnamese context;
- Experience in Programme implementation support and project cycle reporting
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese;
- Experience working on gender and youth inclusion in agricultural value chains is desirable.
For more details about the responsibilities, requirements of the role, and the Job Description below.
Please send your application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with at least three referees in English by 31 August 2017 by email to:
Ms. Ngo Thi Thu Phuong
VECO VIETNAM Coordination Office
House No.4, 249A Thuy Khue Compound
Thuy Khue, Tay Ho, Hanoi
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Follow facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ToiTimViec
Follow group: http://bit.ly/JobMaps