Disaster Risk Reduction and Emergency Response Project Officer
Save the Children, the world’s largest independent organization for children, delivers immediate and lasting improvements to children’s lives all over the world.
Save the Children (SC) works to promote every child’s rights to survival, protection, participation and development as set forth in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. The current programme focuses on the following core sectors: Health and Nutrition; HIV/AIDS prevention; Care and support; Education; Child protection; Child-focused emergency preparedness and response; Climate Change adaption Child rights agenda, including Civil society development, Economic opportunities, Child poverty Research, and Advocacy for child-friendly development policy and practice.
We are looking for a Vietnamese national for:
Vacancy: Disaster Risk Reduction and Emergency Response Project Officer
Based in Hochiminh City
Main Responsibilities: The Project Officer (PO) DRR&ER in Southern region is a member of DRR & ER team and is primarily responsible for the implementation of the DRR & WASH project in Mekong Delta provinces. The PO will assist to ensure that Save the Children Vietnam activities are consistent with SCI and Members’ programming principles and approaches, draw on good practices and lessons learned, enable children to attain their rights and are compliant with donor regulations.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an NGO environment, including experience implementing programs in related fields;
- Bachelor’s degree in community develop, social work, environment or related field
- Experience in DRR and/or WASH is desired;
- Good understanding of challenges facing vulnerable children and communities in Mekong Delta.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds;
- Good knowledge/experience of effective budget monitoring;
- Good skills in communicating in English and Vietnamese;
- Good interpersonal skills; and
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
Please send CV and a completed application form, contact of three referees and a covering letter in English addressing the list of competencies to: 4th Floor, Machinco Building, No. 444 Hoang Hoa Tham street, Tay Ho District Hanoi or by Email: Vietnam.HR@savethechildren.org CC firstname.lastname@example.org
The SC’s application form and full job description are available at the website:
The closing date for application is 5 pm on 31st July 2017. Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
Save the Children is an equal opportunities employer. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse, and our people are as diverse as the challenge we face. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.
Follow facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ToiTimViec
Follow group: http://bit.ly/JobMaps