Position: Program Assistant, Supply Chain Management
Work place: Hanoi, Vietnam
Duration: 1 year, extendable based on performance and funding
Start date: 15 August 2017
The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI), operating through the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation in Vietnam, is a trusted advisor to governments worldwide, helping them transform the way they provide health services. In Vietnam, CHAI works with a number of departments in the Ministry of Health to help reach national HIV, TB, Hepatitis C, and malaria targets. Established in Vietnam in 2006, CHAI has emphasized a sustainable and integrative approach to health systems strengthening premised on a close partnership with government to build national capacity.
CHAI’s team in Vietnam consists of a dynamic core of 12 staff in addition to resources available at the regional and global levels. CHAI is now seeking a Vietnamese national to fill a Program Assistant position. This position provides an inexperienced person significant opportunity for learning and growth.
The Program Assistant will provide program and operational support related to procurement and supply chain management, monitoring and evaluation, and information technology systems.
- Execute programmatic duties to ensure patient access to the life-saving commodities, such as forecasting and quantification for procurement and distribution, helping to train health workers complete and deliver consumption reports, and helping to clear commodities out of customs.
- Prepare health data for analysis, make charts and diagrams, review software systems for bugs;
- Provide support to prepare trainings, workshops, meetings and mentoring trips (e.g. printing materials, logistics arrangements, etc.);
- Assist in preparing letters to partners, local government authorities and other project/program documents upon requests;
- Assist in translation and interpretation from English to Vietnamese and vice versa;
- Arrange travel logistics for team members on business trips (e.g. air tickets, accommodations, airport taxis, car rentals);
- Take notes at team meetings;
- Perform other duties as requested.
Skills and Experiences
- Fluent in verbal and written Vietnamese and English
- Comfortable with technology. Fluent with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows, and in internet-based communications
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to details
- Good command of task prioritization and time management to meet deadlines
- Good teamwork, spirit and enthusiasm
- Proven ability to problem solve and think proactively
- A minimum of 2 years experience
- Experience in supply chain management and information technology system
- Experience in health issues
- Experience in communications-related field or in translation
How to apply:
- Please send CV and a cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org CC email@example.com.
- Deadline: 27/7/2017
Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
Follow facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ToiTimViec
Follow group: http://bit.ly/JobMaps