As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work in a variety of fields and support our cooperation partners in designing strategies and meeting their policy goals. GIZ Viet Nam is currently engaged in three priority areas: 1) Vocational training; 2) Environmental policy and sustainable natural resource use; 3) Energy. For further information please visit our website: www.giz.de/viet-nam.
With the ‘Macroeconomic Reform/Green Growth Programme’, GIZ directly links these priority areas of activity with Viet Nam’s Green Growth Strategy in order to achieve lasting impacts in all sectors and facilitate Viet Nam’s progress towards a sustainable future. The Programme aims at two principle objectives: (i) The Government of Viet Nam implements measures and actions which are well-oriented to support the environmentally and socially responsible growth in the framework of Viet Nam’s Green Growth Strategy; and (ii) the macroeconomic stability is improved and capacity of government agencies is enhanced for better implementation of economic and social policies thereby contributing to the equitable and sustainable growth process in Viet Nam.
In this regard, the “Sustainable Development Goals” (SDGs) Component of the Programme supports the Ministry of Planning and Investment to implement the 2030 Agenda for the sustainable development in Vietnam. The Programme requires a qualified national staff for the position of:
Programme Officer “Macro_SDGs”
Duty Station: Hanoi, Vietnam
Duration: ASAP until 30th September 2018
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Technical advisory and coordination: preparation, coordination, implementation and evaluation of the Component activities in the field of Vietnam Sustainable Development Goals, with focus on statistical indicators, monitoring and reporting of implementation of SDGs in Vietnam. This include, among others, preparing agenda, preparing/translating necessary materials, interpreting, reporting, developing & maintaining contacts with relevant stakeholders (e.g. (inter)national experts, partners); supervision of and participation in the related activities;
- Assisting the external and internal communication and cooperation of the Component and Programme;
- Supporting the monitoring and evaluation the results of project activities;
- Ensuring knowledge management in the assigned areas;
- Assisting other Component/Programme activities if and when required.
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Economics, Public Policy, Business Administration, Environment Economics, Engineering or other related fields;
- At least 3-5 years professional working experience in a relevant position; working experience in development projects, especially in fields of sustainability, environment, climate change or green growth is an asset;
- Understanding of and/or interested in local political environment, policy and regulatory framework regarding to sustainable development in Vietnam and SDGs in global context;
- Having experience in and/or knowledge of statistics, statistical indicators; statistical systems, reporting mechanism (national and/or sectoral/ministerial levels);
- Good networking with relevant stakeholders (government agencies, private sector, research institutions, civil society, etc.);
- Excellent English with experience in translation and interpretation;
- Excellent command of MS-Office;
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under time pressure, occasionally obliging to irregular and long working hour;
- Team spirit and flexibility, discreteness and loyalty.
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions with a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org CC email@example.com ) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam), before 31st July 2017.
Note: Please state “Application for the position of Program Officer_SDGs” in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download here: http://bit.ly/2nyiCY6
Follow facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ToiTimViec
Follow group: http://bit.ly/JobMaps