Nature of the role
Viet Nam is APEC host 2017. APEC promotes trade and economic growth in the Asia-Pacific region, and is of considerable economic and political significance to New Zealand. The focal point of APEC is its annual Economic Leaders Meeting. This is the largest gathering of its kind in the region.
The New Zealand Embassy in Ha Noi is looking for an enthusiastic person to join our team for a short term contract to support visiting New Zealand delegations attending the APEC meetings.
Period of the assignment
The duties primarily relate to the APEC ministerial and senior official meetings which take place from August to mid -November. The assignment is to start as soon as possible, and finish 30 November 2017.
The APEC officer will undertake preparation for APEC meetings and support the New Zealand delegations to APEC meetings, including the attendance of the New Zealand Prime Minister and New Zealand Ministers to Leaders’ week in Danang.
The position will involve a range of duties, including:
· Engagement with the Vietnamese government ministries and the diplomatic community on policy, logistical and protocol issues related to meetings;
· Logistics support for visiting delegations, including setting up schedules of meetings, organising transport logistics, making hotel and flight bookings, etc.;
· Preparation of documents (logistical arrangements, programmes, meeting notes) in English;
· Accompanying New Zealand officials to meetings, and translation and note-taking
· Other duties as requested.
Skills, experience and personal attributes required:
· Excellent written oral and communication skills (in both English and Vietnamese)
· Excellent organisational skills, and to work to deadlines including ability to prioritise tasks effectively and work under pressure;
· Word processing and computer skills;
· Experience organising logistics for major events and functions;
· Experience drafting formal documents and letters;
· Ability to anticipate issues and problems and think of creative and effective solutions
· Strong achievement/delivery focus, meeting high standards including accuracy and attention to detail
· Post-graduate degree
Skills and experience which would be an advantage:
· Experience providing informal written and oral translation to/from Vietnamese;
· Familiarity with the government sector in Ha Noi;
· Experience working with a foreign Embassy, an international company or agency;
· Some knowledge of international relations, in particular APEC or trade policy
The remuneration rate will be determined based on the experience level and skills of the
Applicants are requested to send a CV and a brief cover letter explaining their interest in the position to the New Zealand Embassy Office via email to NZEmbassy.Hanoi@mft.net.nz CC email@example.com
Applicants are requested to include names and contact details for two character referees. The successful candidate will need to satisfy a police check.
Applications should be received by the New Zealand Embassy no later than 5pm Thursday 20th July
Follow facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ToiTimViec
Follow group: http://bit.ly/JobMaps