UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The goal of UN Women’s presence in Viet Nam is to support national partners to implement their commitments and priorities for advancing gender equality and women’s empowerment. UN Women Viet Nam provides critical support in the following areas:
- Building capacity on gender equality and women’s empowerment for state management a on gender equality.
- Raising woman’s awareness of CEDAW and building government capacity to concretely implement the Convention.
- Empowering female migrant workers through gender sensitive migration policies and
- Gender mainstreaming in legislation
- Advocate for gender responsive HIV policy and
- Engaging men and boys in ending violence against
- Building capacity of grass root women to respond to climate change through Disaster Risk Management (DRM) and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
The Internship Programme offers a small group of outstanding students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UN Women’s work. It is designed to complement women’s development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of multilateral technical cooperation, but also complements other international studies.
Social media are developing and reaching more and more youth in Viet Nam. In a few years’ time, Viet Nam has become one of the fastest growing internet countries in the region and in the world. Internet users in Viet Nam are significantly younger than the internet users from many other countries in the region. This indicates a tremendous amount of potential and opportunities in terms of advocacy and behavior change that UN Women can tap into. There is an opportunity to strategically link the Viet Nam Country Office advocacy efforts with social media in Viet Nam, and advocate for UN Women work and key messages to new audiences.
The UN Women Country Office is looking at recruiting a National Communications Intern to work part time at UN Women office to support in content creation and design of strategic orientations for the office’s social media platforms. In addition, s/he will also support Communications Officer in organizing advocacy events in 2017 and other tasks.
Closing time for applications is 5.00 PM (Hanoi time, GMT+7) on 9 July 2017
Interested applicants are requested to submit s Letter of interest and updated CV/Resume
Follow facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ToiTimViec
Follow group: http://bit.ly/JobMaps