Please note that this is Volunteer position and Volunteer will get 10USD/day as allowance and CARE will buy Heath and accident insurance for Volunteer.
Title: Communications Officer
Department: Marketing and Communications
Position reports to: Country Program Advisor
About CARE International
CARE is an international humanitarian aid organisation fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organisation, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development projects and providing emergency relief. We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities.
About CARE in Vietnam
CARE International in Vietnam is a creative and dynamic organisation which has worked with Vietnamese partner organizations over the past 25 years in over 200 projects. CARE in Vietnam recognises that the key to achieving equitable development outcomes lies in shifting deeply rooted, structural underlying causes of poverty and social and gender injustice which contribute to exclusion and vulnerability of particular groups in society. CARE in Vietnam’s long term program goals are that Remote Ethnic Minority Women (REMW) participate equitably in the economy and have a legitimate and respected voice, and that Socially Marginalised People (SMP) equitably benefit from development, are resilient to changing circumstances and have a legitimate voice.
CARE in Vietnam works to empower women and their communities by strengthening and building individual, organisational and institutional capacities; by building partnerships (civil society, government, and private sector) to facilitate long term sustainable change; by integrating climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction as key components of our programs; and by supporting policy development and implementation through policy dialogue and advocacy. Impact measurement, documentation of sound evidence and accountability to all stakeholders plays a significant role in innovation as well as knowledge management and learning.
The objective of this assignment is to ensure CARE International in Vietnam implements an effective and consistent communications strategy to position and present itself, its program priorities and achievements.
The Communications Officer will undertake communication – related jobs at both organizational and program levels. The Communications Officer’s tasks include but not limited to the followings:
- Support the development of CARE in Vietnam’s Communication Plan and information sharing guidelines (internal and external communication)
- Support the rolling out of the said Communication Plan in the organization
- Produce documents as required to articulate and document the CARE in Vietnam’s focus areas, history and impacts
- Provide technical support in organizational level media events
- Assist with consistency regarding logos and branding
- Help develop both internal and external communication platforms (intranet, newsletter, brochure, presentation/document standards, website etc)
- Produce project profiles or other documents as required to articulate and document project activities
- Produce succinct and focused case studies showcasing the impact of CARE’s work, including conducting field interviews where needed.
- Produce news stories and press releases as needed
- Produce external-facing brochures or promotional materials as needed
- Develop and monitor communications schedules, liaising with staff to ensure documents, stories and case studies are produced in a timely manner.
- Proof read and edit communication messages and documents Support project staff to write and edit donor reports where needed, focusing on highlighting the key impacts of CARE’s work.
- Provide advice and guidance to staff when developing campaigns
- Provide advice to staff and partners on effective use of social media
- Develop, maintain and update website content
- Develop and maintain a library of high quality images for use in publications and materials
- Liaise with designers, printers and other contractors where needed
- Coordinate production of videos
- Any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject.
- Experience in marketing and/or communications and/or editing
- Experience summarizing complex issues/activities in succinct, targeted English
- Experience of development programs, including contributing to donor reports and proposals.
- Experience leading teams and implementing processes to improve efficiency.
- Experience developing marketing or communications campaigns
- Experience using design programs / briefing designers
- Ability to represent the organization externally in a professional manner.
- Highly organised with meticulous attention to detail
- High level of motivation, with ability to remain focused with limited supervision
- Proactive and able to take initiative to organize workplan and organize projects with limited guidance
- Experience in Vietnam or Southeast Asia would be advantage.
Please send your application in English to email:
Application Deadline: Wed, 2016-11-30
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ToiTimViec